Effective and confident networkers:
- Are awake, alive and alert, and know there are opportunities everywhere.
- See all new contacts as potential business opportunities.
- Have a giving and abundance mentality.
- Make the first move when meeting new people.
- Have an interesting and exciting opening statement.
- Understand the power of remembering names.
- Are good listeners – letting the other person do most of the talking.
- Know that small talk is the most important talk.
- Ask for other people’s business cards.
- Follow up and are persistent without pestering.
If you want to become a confident and effective networker, why not investing in one of our face-to-face or online courses? Alternatively, if you found these tips useful, we have hundreds more on our website.