This is the rude, disrespectful ignorant networker. He generally attends events and generally upsets lots of people. What does he do to create this unhappy situation? Women generally are much nicer and tend to behave in a more courteous friendly way. Here are 10 disgusting behaviours:
1. He doesn’t understand the rules of space, stands too close and for those with claustrophobia is a living hell. You take a step back and he follows you.
2. He comes over to you whilst you’re chatting with John. He knows John but not you. “Hi John, good to see you” and totally ignores you.
3. I’m a group of three or four he turns his back on you during a conversation.
4. When he had enough of you he simply walks off without a ‘by your leave’.
5. He constantly hijacks the conversation. “Oh I’ve been there. I know someone better than him. I can beat that, it only took me … etc etc.
6. He is downright rude, sneers at something said or is uncomplimentary about other people and their business.
7. He breaks into closed groups where it’s obvious they’re having a private and confidential conversation. Another note read the various rooms’ body language; approach only the open formatted groups unless you know someone in there.
8. He drinks too much too soon and behaves like the original lager lout.
9. He tells inappropriate jokes or anecdotes.
10. And the worst behaviour of the hooligan is left until last. He’s the one who look over your shoulder or around the room as he’s talking to you. His body language is saying “I’m bored with you Will, I want out of here”. Fine, you don’t want to build a relationship with this hooligan do you? Move on. Simply say “Well, it’s good to meet you chief hooligan, will you excuse me I need to see my friend May over there”. He’ll think “thank goodness for that!”
We think that the below video from comedy duo Mitchell and Webb highlights this perfectly!