The following 5 unsavoury behaviours of networking
6. He is downright rude, sneers at something said or is uncomplimentary about other people and their business.
7. He breaks into closed groups where it’s obvious they’re having a private and confidential conversation. Another note read the various rooms ‘ body language; approach only the open formatted groups unless you know someone in there.
8. He drinks too much too soon and behaves like the original lager lout.
9. He tells inappropriate jokes or anecdotes.
10. And the worst behaviour of the hooligan is left until last. He’s the one looking over you shoulder or around the room as he’s talking to you. His body language is saying “I’m bored with you Will, I want out of here”. Fine, you don’t want to build a relationship with this hooligan do you? Move on. Simply say “Well, it’s good to meet you chief hooligan, will you excuse me I need to see my friend May over there”. He’ll think “thank goodness for that!”
CALL TO ACTION
Ensure no-one can ever accuse you of behaving like a hooligan. Networking is building relationships. How can anyone do that with the sort of behaviours listed?