- Understand that there is business everywhere when they arrive awake and alert.
- When you are friendly and talk to people you just never know what the outcome can be from the conversation. Listen carefully to everyone.
- Make the first move. At any event be it social or business look for people on their own and go up to them and introduce yourself. You will never be rejected, could make a friend for life and…who knows, this could be your next biggest piece of business.
- We were given two eyes, two ears and one mouth. Use them in that proportion. Networking is about listening. It is more important to be interested than interesting.
- When you are working the room move around surreptitiously. Enter and leave groups with courtesy and respect and consideration for others.
- When you smell a business opportunity don’t let it go. Ensure you make the follow up call after agreement. Remember, 92% of people selling give up after the fourth attempt. Why not be that other 8%?
If you found this tip useful, we have hundreds more on our website or why not consider investing in one of our face-to-face or online courses?