When one hears the word networking, people often associate it with marketing, selling and promotion. Whilst that is partially true, everyone in the world from about the age of 2, networks. Why?
Because networking is simply building relationships. It’s all about communication. These days, with the growth of social media and the mobile phone, the art of face to face contact can sometimes be overlooked. But there can never be a substitute for making good connections, by attending both internal and external events.
It will be good for you to network when you want to:
- Build partnerships with business and industry
- Create partnerships with other departments and outside organisations
- Find a new employee for your team
- Create new opportunities with supporters
- Get others to know what you and your organisation do
- Increase your knowledge of your marketplace
- Meet key people and decision makers for partnerships and fundraising
Over the years I have helped tens of thousands of professionals become more confident and effective when networking and now this invaluable resource is available without you having to leave your desk!