After school, university, law college you start work. You provide clients with expert legal advice and assistance. The best lawyers combine legal expertise with people-skills to help their clients solve the problems they come to see you for.
You could work in a law firm – perhaps even your own. But you might work in central or local Government, an in-house legal department such as a bank or corporation. The one constant is working with people and building relationships. It’s known as networking.
Doing the technical work you have been trained for gets easier as you progress through the years. But today there’s more to the job than just giving advice. Most people haven’t been trained in the “soft skills” and that’s where I help.
Networking skills are fundamental to ensure your aspirations are achieved. When you’re not a good networker or do it with a heavy heart it will not stop you being successful but when you are an effective and confident networker, I believe you cannot fail to achieve every career and life goal you have.
As a result of the training, you will:
- Be willing to accept more business invitations
- Meet more people and therefore build more relationships
- Understand the best questions to ask
- Know how to move the relationship to the next stage
- Create more meetings with prospects
- Become more business minded
Over the years I have helped tens of thousands of professionals become more confident and effective when networking and now this invaluable resource is available without you having to leave your desk!
A GREAT NETWORKING COURSE FOR BUSY PROFESSIONALS
“The content is split into easy, bite size chunks and the flow of the content works really well. The mechanics of the site work really well, so it’s easy to see where you are up to and what is left to do. This online training platform is a perfect solution for busy professionals who need these core skills; it offers a course that can be very easily incorporated into your own work schedule.”
Deborah Ascott-Jones: Marketing Director – TheGameCreators
(previously Marketing Director @ Eversheds, Beachcrofts, Pannone & Brabners)
Will Kintish has used his considerable networking experience to create a well-structured, comprehensive series of videos to help any lawyer to be a more effective networker as well as helping those who currently dread it. The course dispels the myths and provides Will’s tried and tested tools, tips and techniques to make sure your time spent networking is productive. Frankly, I wish I’d had this 25 years ago when I qualified as a lawyer!
Contract Strategist. Author. Speaker
This course can be purchased individually (see ‘Enrol Now’ Button) or, to buy a monthly corporate subscription, call Will on +44(161) 773 3727 or email email@example.com
Part 1 The secrets of great networkers (30 Minutes)
- The ‘What is’ and the ‘Why of’ networking
- Peoples’ fears and concerns
- Planning and preparation
- Preparing mentally before attending
- Creating your first impression
- How to get people to like us
- How to get people to trust us
- The Kintish networking process
- Which invitations to accept
- In summary
Part 2 ‘How to work a room’ (22 minutes)
- How to feel in command and control
- How to start a conversation
- Approaching and leaving groups
- Moving on when the conversation ends
- Introducing people
- Managing rejection and rude people
- In Summary
Part 3 How to spot potential opportunities (20 Minutes)
- Guidelines for asking questions
- Ice breaker questions
- The important business questions
- Questions about their existing relationships
- Small talk topics
- Dealing with business cards
- In Summary
Part 4 How to follow up (14 minutes)
- Overcoming your phone call fears
- Preparing for the call
- Various scripts and dealing with their responses
- In summary
Part 5 Effective online networking
- Introduction- associating online with face-to face networking
- Who are your best connections?
- Your on-screen presence
- Online relationship building
- Strengthening those relationships