Academic institutions are made up of:
- Students – undergraduates and postgraduates
- International and Alumni connections
- Knowledge Transfer and Business Development personnel
- Researchers, Professors and Lecturers
- Support teams to keep everything together!
Everyone in each of those groups needs to match their networking capabilities with the study, research and academic achievements gained. The following benefits will ensue:
- Build partnerships and collaboration with business and industry
- Make research more commercial and successful, encouraging wider impact on society and the economy
- Create partnerships with internal departments and external organisations
- Get known by others
- Get others to know what you do
- Find your dream job
I help you become more proactive and embrace business development as an integral part of your daily work life.
As a result of the training, you will:
- Be willing to accept more business invitations
- Meet more people and therefore build more relationships
- Understand the best questions to ask
- Know how to move the relationship to the next stage
- Create more meetings with prospects
- Become more business minded
Over the years I have helped thousands of students (and staff) become more confident and effective when networking and now this invaluable skill is available to learn without you having to leave your desk!
What an early user of this online programme said:
I have had the pleasure of seeing Will deliver his Masterclasses Business Networking Skills on several occasions, and have had 121 coaching from Will on several occasions. Whilst nothing can replace seeing him perform in person, delighting his audience from the stage with his deeply practical and effective advice, this online programme is an excellent alternative.
Structured into bite size snippets, this product is perfectly structured for busy people who want to improve their confidence, competence and motivation for business networking.
Diane Johnson – Owner/Director
Straight Talk Coaching & HR Services Limited
I first met Will over a decade ago. So powerful and memorable was his training on networking that, even now, years later I am still recommending him to others. Therefore, I am delighted that Will has released an online version of his workshop so that more people can benefit from his excellent training.
If you want to build a more sustainable career, networking is a key tool you need to master. However, many of us are terrified of entering that room full of people, or knowing what to say. Will gives us practical tools to overcome these fears and reap the many benefits that flow from world-class networking skills.
If you want to take your networking skills to the next level, I highly recommend Will Kintish’s training.
Dr. Timothy S. Farewell – Director – MapleSky Ltd
Part 1 The secrets of great networkers (30 Minutes)
- The ‘What is’ and the ‘Why of’ networking
- Peoples’ fears and concerns
- Planning and preparation
- Preparing mentally before attending
- Creating your first impression
- How to get people to like us
- How to get people to trust us
- The Kintish networking process
- Which invitations to accept
- In summary
Part 2 ‘How to work a room’ (22 minutes)
- How to feel in command and control
- How to start a conversation
- Approaching and leaving groups
- Moving on when the conversation ends
- Introducing people
- Managing rejection and rude people
- In Summary
Part 3 How to spot potential opportunities (20 Minutes)
- Guidelines for asking questions
- Ice breaker questions
- The important business questions
- Questions about their existing relationships
- Small talk topics
- Dealing with business cards
- In Summary
Part 4 How to follow up (14 minutes)
- Overcoming your phone call fears
- Preparing for the call
- Various scripts and dealing with their responses
- In summary
Part 5 Effective online networking
- Introduction- associating online with face-to face networking
- Who are your best connections?
- Your on-screen presence
- Online relationship building
- Strengthening those relationships