- Do you plan and prepare your timings before attending events?
- Do you move on courteously after a conversation?
- Do you ask intelligent and searching questions about others’ businesses or careers?
- Do you get the other person’s business card if you think a follow up is worthwhile?
- Do you agree a date to call?
- Are you relaxed and confident about making that call?
- Do you always make that call?
- Do you plan for that call?
- Do you understand how to keep following up and never get accused of pestering?
- Do you know how to deal with ‘gatekeepers’ and voicemail?
- Do you know what to say to get that all-important meeting?
- Do you deal with objections and barriers in the right way?
- Are you making the most of it when you get to meet the person you have followed up?
All these topics will be covered ensuring you turn your “no” answer into a “yes”.
This powerful and fast-paced workshop is for the more experienced networker who has no particular fears “working the room” but feels you don’t get enough return from your investment of time.
It will be focused on 2 key skills which often need improving:
- Questioning and listening
- Following up after the event
I take you through the more intensive questioning techniques to enable you to spot the opportunity then the follow up process step-by-step explaining exactly what to do and what to say in every circumstance.
The Survival Guide
- The Invitation
- Your LinkedIn Profile (and how it fits into networking)
- How to prepare for the event
- What to do on arrival
- How to break the ice
- How to move on
- Dealing with groups
- Managing rejection
- Building relationships
- Asking business questions
- How to move forward
- Reviewing your new connections
- Reconnecting by phone
- Using LinkedIn to create more business and career opportunities
- Meeting again
- Maintaining relationships
- Why networking matters
- Understanding how to network with the opposite sex
Part 1: Before the event
Part 2: During the event
Part 3: After the event / following up
Part 4: Final words