When one hears the word networking, people often associate it with marketing, selling and promotion. Whilst that is partially true, everyone in the world from about the age of 2, networks. Why?
Because networking is simply building relationships. It’s all about communication. These days, with the growth of social media and the mobile phone, the art of face to face contact can sometimes be overlooked. But there can never be a substitute for making good connections, by attending both internal and external events.
“I can’t visit”
All my training has been me presenting “live”. In the world we now find ourselves I now offer my expertise using video conferencing or you can subscribe to my new online programme.
I show you how to feel comfortable and in control when you work the room in any business or social situation. ‘Working the room’ has negative connotations but only when done in an inappropriate manner. I show you how to do it ethically and honestly; after all it’s simply talking to different people!
When you spot a potential opportunity to move the relationship forward I help you to make that follow up phone call in a comfortable manner
It will be good for you to network when you want to:
- Build partnerships with business and industry
- Create partnerships with other departments and outside organisations
- Find a new employee for your team
- Create new opportunities with supporters
- Get others to know what you do
- Help others with their business challenges
- Increase your knowledge of your marketplace
- Make new social and business friends
- Meet key people and decision makers for partnerships and fundraising
- Raise your own and the organisation’s profile
Articles to help you enhance your networking skills:
If you want to know how to approach someone on their own, watch the video below:
Click below to read about the Online Course for: